Sunday, 5 December 2010

The End of my Week Off

Well, I got a fair amount done. The cabinetry took a lot longer than I thought it would, but  I did it myself! I’ve put up some curtains too. Oddly, I had this huge fear of putting up curtain rails, but when it came to it, I actually found it quite easy. Although a longer spirit level would have been helpful.


 Here is my study.

 Some things need more work to make them steampunk - I will stain the craft cabinets to match the rest of the woodwork soon.

I didn’t get around to covering the books with leather paper, but I have got it and will begin.


These are my steampunk objects. The prints I ordered didn’t come in time to be framed, so they aren’t up yet.


I have just rounded off the day (and week) with a massive meal. Sweet potato soup, oatcakes with smoked mackerel pate, goat’s cheese and red onion tart, and sticky brownie cake. 

I enjoyed this project, but things still seem incomplete. I’m aiming for a scientific steampunk theme - can anyone suggest anything to make it more obvious?

No comments:

Post a Comment